Are you looking for spiritual community with other first year students? We are excited to invite you to join us for The Crossing’s:
FIRST YEAR FOCUS Weekly Group
- Connect with other first year students for fun, spiritual community, and to learn skills to THRIVE during college!
- Meets weekly this Fall on Zoom (and in person when it’s safe). Please participate as often as you want:
- twice a month for social/check in time
- twice a month to view and discuss a video to support you to thrive in college*
- Co-leaders of this group include a sophomore Crossing student leader who is eager to be a resource for you as you navigate your first year (Doug) and our Campus Minister (Karla).
*well being, stress, mental health, relationships, spirituality, diversity and inclusion, . . .
First-Year Focus Fall 2020 Schedule
Below is our schedule for social and program nights. We hope you will join us on Zoom. We are using the U-Thrive program for our programming which gives us videos to watch to prompt discussion around topics relevant for student success in college.
To be added to our FYF list serve – and to indicate interest in other Crossing opportunities, we invite you to fill out this form to let us know you’re interested.
TIME CHANGE!!! Meetings are from 5:00-6:00 pm on the following Thursdays:
Sept. 3: Welcome Event Social – with games
Sept. 10: Well Being as a Student
Sept. 17*: Game Night
Sept. 24: Stress and Mental Health
Oct. 1*: Photo Scavenger Hunt – List will be posted here – take photos before mtg and share at mtg. Come whether or not you have pictures to share.
Oct. 8: Mindfulness
Oct. 15*: Halloween Fun – pumpkins or costumes or stories – to be decided
Oct. 22: Self-Compassion
Oct. 29: No meeting
Nov. 4*: Spooky Photo Share of your Halloween fun this year and past years
Nov. 12: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion –Building your DEI vocabular and Neurobiology of Bias
Nov. 19*: Social – To be decided
Dec. 3: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – How Empathy builds greater DEI in Society
Dec. 10*: Social – Christmas decoration competition
*Please note that our Zoom social events can change depending on the interests of the group. If you have social ideas, please share them with us.
Contact our Campus Minister with questions: email@example.com.